We are uniquely placed to offer ethics training to SRA regulated entities. There are currently three options:
- Buy the book by clicking on the links on the right hand side of the pages on this website (using the code ‘mrrb20’ for a 20% discount). You can also take the online multi choice test after reading the book to get an ethics training certificate if you pass. Details of the course and the unique code needed to access the course are available inside the book.
- Attend one of the seminars listed below. Included with this option is a free book and access to the online multi choice test and ethics training certificate if you pass.
Our seminars listed below are linked to the book and are an introductory or refresher course for practitioners of all levels to gain an insight into the importance of ethics in the current climate.
The SRA’s current code of conduct requires all practitioners to “always have regard to the Principles and use them as your starting point when faced with an ethical dilemma" yet there is precious little practical guidance as to how to implement an ethical process when dealing with compliance problems.
This Workshop course bridges that gap.
Mena Ruparel, an experienced legal trainer and co-author of How to be an Ethical Solicitor, will review the 10 foundation principles set out in the SRA Handbook and the situations in which practitioners might find themselves facing an ethical dilemma.
She will then look at the ethics of social media use and the possible pitfalls using practical examples to discuss.
Crucially, there is a limited number of delegates for each workshop so there will be plenty of time to discuss the issues that matter to you and learn from the experience of your peers.
Course ObjectiveYou will have a clear understanding of the ethical principles underpinning a solicitor's legal practice and gain insights into how you can apply those principles in your workplace The course helps fulfil requirements A, C1 and C2 of the SRA Statement of Competence
This Workshop is no run of the mill legal training - it is a complete training package that will help you and your colleagues improve your approach to ethical dilemmas in practice.
Book your place and benefit from:
- attendance at one of the workshops at a venue of your choice across the country
- limited numbers, ensuring high quality, focused training and interaction so you get the most out of your time
- print & digital copies of How to be an Ethical Solicitor - worth £39.50 when sold separately
- access to the accompanying online course so you can reinforce the knowledge gained from reading the book
- a certificate of completion for use in your competence training records
Mena Ruparel Mena Ruparel is a leading legal trainer and writer, with extensive experience for the Law Society, CLT, The Solicitors Group and other training providers.
She runs her own consultancy Law CPD Solutions, providing firms with help on training, regulation and competence. She is Chief Assessor of the Law Society Family and Advance Family Accreditation Scheme. She also sits on the Law Society Family Committee and is the Chief Examiner of the CILEx Level 6 Family Law.
Mena continues to practice whilst training and writing on a range of legal matters.
"Having attended family law and other legal courses and seminars over 40 years I have never found any speaker better than Mena Ruparel. I have heard her on 9 occasions and she never disappoints."
Who Should Attend?
These hands on workshops will benefit all levels of solicitor including:
- qualified solicitors seeking a refresher on the SRA principles
- trainees and those on the professional skills course
- CILEx members in SRA regulated firms seeking to fulfil their Professionalism CPD requirement
- those returning to work after a career break
- firms looking to establish ethical practice at the heart of their firm
Book now! Choose from one of 4 venues around the country