Wednesday 18th February
Presented by Mena Ruparel (solicitor) with Richard Burnham (paralegal).
Live broadcast on Wednesday 18th February 2015 (we will make a recording of the webinar available for one week after the event).
This webinar looks at the ways that an aspiring solicitor might be able to use their paralegal experience to qualify. It also looks at the new training regulations and how these are likely to change in the next 2 years.
We aim to answer common questions such as –
• Can I automatically reduce the length of my training contract by 6 months if I have the relevant experience?
• Does the training contract still exist?
• What is the “equivalent means” qualification route? How much does it cost and what do I will I have to do?
• I have heard that firms aren’t being co-operative with requests to support equivalent means applications. What can be done about this?
• Will this new route to qualification mean that there will be more training contracts or fewer paralegal positions?
• If I qualified as a solicitor through the equivalent means route, is my firm required to take me on as a solicitor instead of a paralegal?
• Will I get more administrative work as a paralegal in the future to prevent me from being able to succeed on an equivalent means application?
• What type of experience can qualify for the equivalent means?
• What are the changes expected in the next 2 years?
• If I haven’t done my LPC should I bother to do it?
• Should I be looking for training contracts to start in September 2017 or later?
We will also be launching a competition for 5 people to win a free 1 hour coaching session with Mena, usually priced at £250. To find out how to enter, listen to the webinar and keep up to date on our LinkedIn page or our company website; www.lawcpdsolutions.co.uk
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Brought to you by GoToWebinar®
Webinars Made Easy®